Free Residential Training in Chester
( SORRY our allocation is taken up)
Tackling Social Isolation
(5 Members attending)
Monday 20th & Tuesday 21st March 2017
Sharing ideas & developing action plans to identify and tackle isolation in your community
This course is delivered by David Lloyd & Co Training & Facilitation Associates.
As communities change and local services are cut, social isolation in communities can become a real issue for people of all ages and from all backgrounds. On this interactive course you will explore how you can tackle the issue in your own community and help people become more connected to their community and to feel less isolated.
This practical course will equip you with the knowledge to recognise the symptoms and causes of social isolation. There will also be plenty of opportunity to look at and identify practical ideas and approaches you can take away and use in your own community. This course will help you work through your own community’s issues, help identify partner organisations who can support you to tackle the issue and enable you to develop a plan to take your ideas forward.
By the end of the course participants will:
• understand what social isolation is and the negative effects it can have on a person’s health and well-being
• be able to identify signs of social isolation
• learn skills to tackle social isolation
• be able to identify links between social isolation and equality issues and diversity of their own communities
• develop their own action plan to tackle social isolation in their own communities
• know where to go to find further information for individuals and where to signpost them
• feel confident to help tackle social isolation in their own communities.